HPGR: The next-gen High Pressure Grinding Roll
With numerous installations in many industries thyssenkrupp high pressure grinding rolls have a proven record in grinding mineral raw materials. Now, you can get the next-gen HPGR from a global market leader in this technology.
How you benefit from our next-gen HPGR
Whatever your business – copper or gold mega-concentrators, pebble crushing, lumpy or concentrate iron ore, diamonds, copper or gold heap leaching, lithium, phosphates, or coal grinding – and whatever your requirement – installation of a HPGR in a new plant or as an upgrade or extension to your existing plant – our next-gen High Pressure Grinding Roll (HPGR) will bring you bigger benefits in comminution.
This is why:
• State-of-the-art technology thanks to 40 years of experience in high-pressure grinding rolls
• Ongoing technical improvements through intensive investment in R&D
• Extensive in-house process expertise for HPGR circuits
• Cost-conscious design featuring up to 25% less steel in weight terms
• More energy efficient than conventional SABC comminution circuits
• Less wear thanks to a carbide-studded grinding surface
• Service lives of up to 60,000 hours recorded in iron ore pellet feed.
• Lower operating costs through ease of maintenance
• Cost benefits through integrated HPGR tramp metal bypass, e.g. lower building height
• Higher throughput and recovery rates of existing grinding circuits in conventional mineral processing plants after upgrade and / or debottlenecking with our next-gen HPGR
• Constant skew grinding capability over the entire roll width
• Maximized throughput and optimized energy consumption thanks to permanent machine data collection and process evaluation and optimization through Local Analyzer Interface (LAI)
• Permanent monitoring of wear and condition so preventive maintenance can be scheduled
• Permanent online monitoring of entire roller surface for predictive maintenance
• Immediate operator notification of loss of studs or edge protection so the cause can be dealt with and the surface repaired to minimize downtime
HPGR in mega-concentrator plants
Mega-concentrator plants in Chile and Peru are profiting from the benefits HPGR technology brings to their grinding process. Besides massive energy savings through a reduced grindability index and better recovery rates through the generation of micro cracks, these customers are also profiting from the high level of availability and ease of maintenance that characterize High Pressure Grinding Rolls.
HPGR in heap leach plants
Whether you operate a greenfield or brownfield plant, the best solution for your heap leach process is HPGR . Two key characteristics of copper and gold ore crushed by High Pressure Grinding Rolls – more fines and micro cracks – result in much better recovery rates than conventionally crushed ores.
HPGR in iron-ore mining
Declining ore grades, fine grade ores, rising costs, and new or extended mines located in regions that are short of water: A radical solution is required to the challenges the iron ore industry is facing. thyssenkrupp’s response offers nothing less than an iron-ore revolution: the development of an innovative water-saving mining technology that combines the HPGR dry finish grinding concept with the velix® stirred media mill. This not only saves thousands of cubic meters of process water per day compared to conventional grinding circuits but also lowers your operating costs.
The technology behind our next-gen HPGR
Looking for the ultimate in performance, reliability and cost effectiveness? You need look no further than HPGR. thyssenkrupp has used its 40 years of experience in high-pressure grinding rolls (HPGRs ) and the customer feedback from more than 130 HPGRs sold worldwide to design and make the next-gen HPGR.